Friday, August 28, 2009

Kristen Stewart Interview - The Twilight Zone


Lesley o'Toole from Independent (UK) Writes - She might have ousted Miley Cyrus from her mystifying position as The World's Most Famous Teenage Girl but Twilight star Kristen Stewart, 19, is in denial. "People don't really recognise me," she smiles, knowing it sounds unhinged. "I think I just look different in person or something. I'm also not very approachable." She laughs hard and knowingly. Take the outfit she wore to this month's Teen Choice Awards (where she won Best Actress Drama for Twilight): a Rock & Republic dress, the skirt section of which comprised only silver spikes. It didn't take an expert to deduce the message: "Don't stand so close to me!"

Stewart has already earned a reputation in the media for being difficult, but it seems a rather uncharitable label. In my three meetings with her, she has been fidgety, yes, uncomfortable, check, awkward, always, but never rude, dismissive or arrogant.

"I do feel that nowadays everyone perceives you the same way," she says, pondering a Facebook/Twitter age in which she does not participate. "I prefer something I can touch! But now everybody knows everything about you. Even your parents have to know where you are because of course you have a cellphone. They can always reach you. You can't even have a private life away from your family, it's like everything is very hands-on."

Read the rest of the article here - you will enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment