Call it getting the “Late Show” early!
A friend in the audience has given Gossip Cop great details from today’s Robert Pattinson appearance on “The Late Show with David Letterman.”
Here are the highlights besides Letterman’s retort, “Oh, bite me!”:
* Pattinson wore a blue collared shirt and blazer.
* When Letterman asks Pattinson to what he attributes the fan mania, he replies, “Still trying to figure it out. Maybe it’s some sort of scent.”
* Letterman asks about his early roles, and Pattinson talks about playing a viking in his first film. It was a very small role, but he had his voice dubbed over.
* Pattinson discussed how girls AND guys go crazy around him. One large fella in particular asked for Pattinson to bite him, which he did… and the guy liked it.
* Letterman asked about “biting,” joking about whether it’s safe with swine flu, etc. Pattinson said it depends on your mood and what you want to get out of it in the end. He remembers that someone handed him a child, and somehow he wound up (fake) biting the baby in the head for a photo op.
* Letterman showed the cover of Harper’s Bazaar (with Pattinson and Kristen Stewart), and asked whether they were dating. Pattinson politely said he’s been “cryptically avoiding” this question, and Letterman then jokingly cut him off with, “Oh, bite me!”
* They discussed Pattinson’s American accent in his film work, and Pattinson picked two words and said them with an exaggerated “American” accent. The first? “Sidewalk,” which drew a huge laugh. Then he said “candy.”
Our source reports that Letterman and Pattinson had a “nice rapport.”
Thanks to Gossip Cop for the heads up - you guys rock!